Wednesday, July 20, 2011

In Memory of Dad......

Yesterday was my father's 82nd birthday, but he left this world 24 years ago.  I still miss him and when I visualize his smile, I tear up EVERY time.  I'm glad that I was not a disappointment to him.  He believed in working hard and going after what you wanted to do in life.  I did,  and I would not have changed anything.  He would have still been proud of my sister and I today, 24 years later.  

What is success?  Is it having the best job, the best husband, the best house, the best children?  Or is it  being a good person; charitable, a good wife and mother, a good neighbor, and a happy, responsible, hard working soul committed to the Lord?  A house should be a home, a gathering place for family, clean and well kept, but it doesn't have to be mansion.  On our day of reckoning, when He reviews our life and what we did with it....will he say, "Well done."?  That, my friends, will be success.

Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment